Subject: Enroll now in the new "Use of Epidemic Intelligence Systems with a Particular Focus on Event-Based Surveillance for Pandemic Preparedness" Course on OpenWHO
From: "Epidemic Intelligence" <[email-masked]>
To: Anna Margrét Guðmundsdóttir - Landl <[email-masked]>, "Correa Martinez, Carlos" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "denisa.janta" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Walser-Domjan Esther" <[email-masked]>, "Riccardo Flavia" <[email-masked]>, "Georgia Theodorou" <[email-masked]>, "Gijs Klous" <[email-masked]>, "Hannu Kiviranta" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "SeidelJ" <[email-masked]>, "Juta Varjas" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
Cc: "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "koen.blot" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Zhivka Getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "kcapak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,Hana Orlíková <[email-masked]>,Kamilla Grønborg Laut <[email-masked]>, "Stine Ulendorf Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>,Kärt Sõber <[email-masked]>, "TA Info" <[email-masked]>, "Hanna Sepp" <
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 16:29:12 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

ECDC NORMAL

To: OCPs for Epidemic Intelligence, and NFPs for Threat Detection, EWRS and 
IHR

Cc: National Coordinators

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce the launch of the new free course, "Use of 
Epidemic Intelligence Systems with a Particular Focus on Event-Based 
Surveillance for Pandemic Preparedness," now available on OpenWHO here 
<https://openwho.org/courses/epidemic-intelligence> . This comprehensive 
course is designed to enhance your knowledge, skills, and attitudes towards 
epidemic intelligence, providing the tools needed to improve preparedness 
and early warning capabilities.

This course has been developed as a collaboration led by the Italian 
Istituto Superiore di Sanità (ISS) within the framework of the 2021 Italian 
Presidency of the G20, in collaboration with the WHO Hub for Pandemic and 
Epidemic Intelligence, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and 
Control (ECDC) and the United States Centers for Disease Control and 
Prevention (US CDC).

We look forward to your participation and to seeing the positive impact you 
will make in the field of epidemic intelligence.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need further 
information.

What will you learn?

The course consists of five individual learning modules of six to 18 minutes 
each. It focuses on the use of epidemic intelligence systems, enhancing your 
ability to identify and respond to public health threats effectively. You 
will learn from the extensive experience of leading global health 
organizations, including the World Health Organization (WHO), the European 
Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), the United States Centers 
for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), and the Italian Istituto 
Superiore di Sanità (ISS).

Furthermore, you will gain insights through practical examples and case 
studies showcasing Member States' experiences in implementing Epidemic 
Intelligence systems.

Why enroll?

By enrolling, you will improve your ability to utilize epidemic intelligence 
systems to better prepare for pandemics and equip yourself with the 
knowledge and tools needed to contribute to your country's epidemic 
intelligence efforts. You can complete the four-hour course at your own 
pace, whenever and wherever your schedule allows. Also, you will earn a 
certificate of achievement if you score at least 80% in the final 
assessment.

Spread the word!

Please share this free course within your network and community. This course 
is ideal for public health professionals seeking to enhance their 
understanding of epidemic intelligence as a fundamental tool for early 
warning and preparedness. Whether you are working at the national, regional, 
or local level, this course offers valuable insights that can be applied to 
your specific context.

Don't miss this opportunity, enroll today and join us in building a safer, 
more prepared world.

Access the course on OpenWHO:

To get started, visit  <https://openwho.org/> OpenWHO, create an account and 
enroll in the "Use of Epidemic Intelligence Systems with a Particular Focus 
on Event-Based Surveillance for Pandemic Preparedness" course.

You can enroll and start learning today here: 
<https://openwho.org/courses/epidemic-intelligence> 
https://openwho.org/courses/epidemic-intelligence

Best regards,
ECDC Epidemic Intelligence group

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <http://twitter.com/ecdc_eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.